Saturday, January 29, 2011

Chapter 46

Jake lay in the floor playing with is little girl when there was a knock on the door.  He ignored it.  If it were Malachai or Jordan, they’d just walk in.  Their family lived there too.  The knock sounded again and it became apparent that no one was going to answer it unless he did it.  He stood and picked Miri up, putting her on his left side so that his right hand was free.  It was habit; he couldn’t help himself.  “Come on, sweetness, let’s see who’s interrupting play time”, he said to his little girl as he walked to the door.

When it was opened, there was a man in a green uniform standing in the other side.  “Can I help you?” Jake asked.

“I’m looking for Dr. J. Micah Draiman?” the young man’s deep bass voice said.

“You’re looking at him.  Again, can I help you?”

“I have a letter here for you, sir.  If you could just sign here”, the young man added nervously as he held out an electronic pen and pad to Jake. 

Jake signed for the letter one handed.  “Do me a favor, son, and tell your employers that sending me a certified letter THIS late at night is a suicide mission.  The ONLY reason you’re not lying on my porch in a puddle of your own biologicals is because I was the one to answer the door.  Recently, my family has taken on a shoot first and ask questions later mentality.”

The young man nodded.  “Yes, sir.  I’m very sorry to have bothered you and if I may be so bold, your daughter is just adorable.”

“Thank you.  Now, give me my letter and disappear.”  The young man did just that.  After shutting the door, Jake ripped open the envelope and pulled the letter out as he sat down on the couch with Miri.

Dearest Dr. J. Micah Draiman,

By order of the Cabinet of Advisors to the President of the United States, you have hereby been ordered to a hearing held by the Cabinet regarding your work in Stem Cell research as a treatment for Traumatic Brain Injury.”  He read the remainder of the letter and shook  his head.  The meeting was set for three weeks from that date.  There was too much shit for him to do between that point and the point he was in to worry about that.

He bounced the knee that his little Miri sat on as he finished the letter.  “The meeting will convene at 10:30 sharp that morning and will go until it is adjourned.  We appreciate your prompt attention in this matter and look forward to seeing you at the White House.  A security badge will arrive in the next few days.  When you arrive at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, just present it to the guards and they will let you through.  Someone will meet you to lead you to the West Wing.

Sincerely,

Simon K. Ingerhardt, Secretary of Defense.”

Jake rolled his eyes.  “What a fucking joke”, he said softly.  He looked at his little girl.  “Isn’t this just silly, baby girl?  They want Daddy to just set everything aside and come to the capitol.”  She got all excited and started swinging her little arms up in down; her tiny little hands balled into fists.  She made noises like she was mad about it.  “I know, baby.  Daddy’s not happy about it either.  I have to leave you and Mommy here.  Gramma’s going to need you to brighten up her day after she has surgery.”

-----------------

Jake couldn’t sleep that night.  He was far too angry.  Every time he turned around  the DOD was screwing him.  He’s fucking me without even the courtesy of using lube, he thought as he sat on the couch and watched TV that night.

Delilah stirred and found herself alone in bed and the television in the living room going.  She got up and checked on Miri then on her husband.  “Baby, is everything ok?” she asked as she came out of Miri’s room.

“No.  I want to fly out to Washington to personally put an end to the life of the bastard that’s trying to ruin my career.  I’ve dedicated the last year and a half to trying to find a viable treatment for traumatic brain injury only to get stonewalled by some pompous son of a bitch that wants to use my research as a way to build a biological weapon.  Seeing as it can’t be done, now the conceded douche bag wants to say, ‘snip- snip, Dr. Draiman.  Kiss your funding bye- bye’.”

“Are you going to let this stuck up mother fucker get away with it?”

“Not a fucking chance.  When I go out there for that fucking Cabinet hearing, I’m going to give the Secretary of Defense a piece of my mind.  That bastard will eternally rue the day that he crossed anyone with that last name Draiman.”

“What are you going to do?”

“Like I said, I’m going to give that piece of shit a piece of my mind and tell him just how fucking arrogant he is for thinking that I’d even ALLOW that to be done with my research.”

“So, if this is your plan, then why are you still awake, love?”

“Because I’m pissed.  I knew it was coming, granted, but that doesn’t change to face that I’m upset about it.”

“Is there something I can do to help you relax, my love?”  She leaned in close and let her lips brush against his ear, then started kissing down the side of his throat.

He shivered lightly.  “Did you have something in mind?”

Teeth nipped at his collarbone before she spoke.  “Only if you’re in the mood?” she said quietly.

His pulse started racing and he swallowed hard.  “I’m always in the mood for you”, he whispered softly.  That whisper held his hunger for her.

She put herself in his lap-her knees on either side of his waist- and pressed her lips to his.  She fed slowly at  his mouth as her hands wandered over the smooth vast plains of her chest and shoulders.  Her hips ground against his as she made sure that he was ready.  She could feel him straining against the canvas material of the old scrubs he wore.

He craved her desperately.  She was the only person that could take his mind off of what plagues it.  When she put herself in his lap his hands slipped beneath the cotton of the sweat pants she wore to cup the round perfection of her bare ass with both hands.  As she ground against him he thrust his hips  and used his hands to pull her against him.

She let out a soft moan, releasing her hold on his lips.  His lips moved to kiss and nibble down the side of her throat.  God, how she love foreplay with the man in her arms.  He would give her more pleasure than she thought she could handle and she would attempt to return the favor.  Tonight, I just want to manage the anger so that he can get some sleep, she thought.  His mouth on her breast made that train of thought skip its track.  Her back arched as he struggled to keep a hold of her.

She desperately wanted him inside her.  She knew they were both ready.  Her nimble fingers started to push her pajama pants off.  Once they were in the floor she work his off.  She tugged his scrubs off his hips and ground against him again.

Holy fucking GOD, she’s wet, he thought.  And when the tight wet silk slid down the length of him, his breathing caught his throat.

---------------

Her head was thrown back in abandon as she moved her hips against his.  She’d lost count of how many times she’d came.  The only thing she knew in that moment was that she was about to cum for him again.  When she did, she clinched down so violently that she had to crush her lips against his or she was going to wake the baby.

He knew he was upset about something.  He just couldn’t remember what.  The only thing he could think of was the movement of his body with hers.  And he could feel that he was getting close. He could feel his body growing tighter with each movement of her hips.  “How close?” he whispered.

She cried out softly in his ear as she rode him.  “Haven’t stopped.  Cum already, damn it.”  She moaned again and moved against him harder and faster.  There was no way he was going to be able to hold out for much longer.

And he didn’t.  Five strokes later at the new pace and he couldn’t hold out any more.  It was like a volcano erupting.  The force was unimaginable.  He shot deep inside her as she buried her face in his neck.  Even as his body quieted, hers didn’t.  She was still cumming violently.  He could feel that she was screaming soundlessly into his neck.  One hand came around and slid between their bodies so that his fingers teased that little pearl at her core.  “Just let it go”, he whispered in her ear.

“Don’t wanna wake Miri”, she moaned softly in his ear.

He could tell that she was holding back.  “Find another way”, he whispered, “but let it go.”

“I’ll hurt you”, she cried.

“I don’t care.  Let go.”  When the next big wave hit her she sank teeth into the meat of his shoulder and raked her nails across his back.  He stiffened and from the sudden pain but still smiled as he felt her truly release. 

She shivered and shook in his arms for several minutes.  When her body quieted she examined the damage she’d done.  “Baby, I’m so sorry.  I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

“Lilah, love, it doesn’t hurt.  I’m ok.  The scratches smart a little from the salt of sweat soaking into them, but I’ll be fine.  I have a pretty high pain tolerance.”

“Why do you think it was so intense?” she asked, lying her head on his shoulder.

“Because it’s been HOW LONG since we’ve made love?  We’ve been so focused on being Mommy and Daddy that we haven’t concentrated on being husband and wife.  We’ll get the hang of this parent thing yet, honey.”

“You know, that was as good as, if not BETTER, than our first night together.”

“It definitely makes the top ten, that’s for sure”, he laughed.

“Do you think you could sleep now?”

He shrugged.  “I could certainly give it a shot.  I think you may have thoroughly worn me out.”

She smiled.  “Ok, can you carry me to the bedroom?  I can’t feel my legs yet.”

He chuckled.  “Not a problem if I could feel mine.  I can barely feel anything from the waist down.”

“I wonder why”, she laughed sarcastically.  “It’s been HOW LONG since we’ve made love?”

---------------

One of them had to find their legs rather quickly because Miri woke up.  Jake put Delilah out of his lap and made himself stand.  “I’ll check on her, baby.  Don’t worry.”  He walked shakily to Miri’s bedroom.  “Shh, baby.  What’s the matter with my girl?” he asked.  Her bottle lay in the crib next to her.  He picked it up and stuck it in her mouth.  She quieted instantly, her tiny hands supporting the bottle by themselves.  “There you go, sweet girl.  Go back to sleep.”  He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead.  “Now, Mommy and Daddy are going to bed.  Cry if you need us, baby girl.”  He walked out of the baby’s room to the living room.  “Come on, gorgeous.”

“I still can’t feel my legs.  You have thoroughly worn me out”, she laughed.

“Well, I think I’ve got my legs back.  Hold on.”  He walked over to the couch and lifted her into his arms.  “There we go”, he said as he carried her into the bedroom.  He laid her down on the bed and climbed in next to her with a yawn.  “Let’s get some sleep, beautiful.  I’m sure all of the bullshit will still be there in the morning.”

“Oh, so am I, handsome.  So am I.”  She laid her head on his chest and closed her eyes.  “I love you, Jakey.”

“I love you too, Lilah.  Good night.”

“Night.”  With that, she was snoring softly and he wasn’t far behind her.

1 comment:

  1. Holy freakin' God, Vikki! I think I need a cold shower now! That was hot! I almost felt like a peeping tom...

    Now, let's get this hearing on the road so Jake can rip the Defense Secretary a new one...

    ReplyDelete